ezgim (2008 07 26)
Beef And Peppers
· 2 pounds round steak, lean
· 2 green peppers, sliced thin
· 2 tablespoons dried onions, minced
· 1 cup beef broth
· 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
*Use dried onions or finely chop about 1/2 of a fresh onion. 1. Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If desired you can brown the meat in a little hot oil before adding to crockpot. Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of crockpot, reserving a few to place on top of meat if desired. (Vegetables cook better when placed on bottom of pot.) Arrange the meat on pepper, careful to not stack one piece directly on top of another.
Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers. 2. Cover and cook on low for 8−10 hours or on high for about 4 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and simply seasoned vegetables.