ezgim (2008 07 06)
Yoghurt Flavoured with Garlic and Cummin
by Kris Dhillon
The combination of garlic and cummin flavours is quite unusual in a yoghurt dish, but the wonderful taste of this preparation only serves to illustrate the wide variety of ingredients that can be successfully added to yoghurt.
Preparation time: 4-5 minutes.
· 1 pint (570ml) plain yoghurt
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 small clove garlic
· ½-1 green chilli finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon whole cummin
· 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
· Pinch turmeric
1. Put the yoghurt and salt into a bowl and beat with a fork until smooth and creamy.
2. Crush the garlic using a garlic press or chop very finely.
3. Add yoghurt together with the remaining ingredients and mix.
4. Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator until required.